At Hannah More we value children’s play as an important part of their school experience. Recent research suggests that children’s access to good play provision can:
- increase their self-awareness, self-esteem, and self-respect
- improve and maintain their physical and mental health
- give them the opportunity to mix with other children
- allow them to increase their confidence through developing new skills
- promote their imagination, independence and creativity
- offer opportunities for children of all abilities and backgrounds to play together
- provide opportunities for developing social skills and learning
- build resilience through risk taking and challenge, problem solving, and dealing with new and novel situations
- provide opportunities to learn about their environment and the wider community.
At Hannah More we aim to create an environment where children can make a wide range of independent choices about the type of play they engage in. The role of the adults is to provide that environment and support children where necessary to remain safe.
Click the link below to see our short film about the importance of play!